Instant Payment Notification (IPN) is a service that will automatically send notification on an order when a transactions is generated in PayPal or Authorize.net, it is NOT needed in Coinbase. It is absolutely necessary with instant commission and subscription products.This will also allow you to keep orders safe if using the instant affiliate commission feature in case of a refund.
Note: Vendors make sure you set your IPN, do not skip this step. There is no IPN check so this is up to you to set correctly.
PayPal IPN Set-Up
Your PayGear IPN is now set up and ready to work with PayPal.
- Setting up your IPN in PayPal is easy. The PayGear IPN URL you are going to use is: https://www.paygear.com/paypal_ipn.aspx
- To set log into your PayPal account and select "Profile".
- Then select "My selling tools" on the right.
- Here find "Instant payment notifications" and select "Update".
- Select the "Edit settings" button and insert the URL https://www.paygear.com/paypal_ipn.aspx also be sure you have Receive IPN messages enabled and then save.
Authorize.net IPN Set-Up
- Setting up your IPN in Authorize.net only takes a minute. The Authorize.net IPN URL you are going to use is: https://www.paygear.com/authorizenetipn.aspx
- To set log into your Authorize.net account and select "Account".
- Then select "Silent Post URL".
- Insert the URL https://www.paygear.com/authorizenetipn.aspx and select submit.
Your Authorize.net IPN is now set up and ready to start taking recurring orders.